The Core: By claiming us as His own, Jesus has set us free from the struggle to “make something of ourselves.”
From vv. 12 through beginning-of 14
- “Because Jesus has claimed us as His own, we can count on God to always lead us.”
- What are a couple unknowns or looming decisions that worry you about the days or weeks or years ahead?
- How might the truth of God ALWAYS leading you give you courage in those unknowns or decisions? How can we help each other have the truth of God’s constant leadership sink in?
From vv. 14-16
“Because Jesus has claimed us as His own, we can count on God to help people see Jesus in us.”
How do you want people to see you? In other words: How do you tend to brand yourself?
- Read vv. 14-16. What does it mean for you to carry the fragrance of Jesus with you wherever you go?
From v. 17
“Because Jesus has claimed us as His own, we can count on Him to get His message across.”
Read v. 17. What do you see as the difference between being a “peddler of God’s Word and being an in-Christ speaker?
- What are some ways we could help each other be in-Christ speakers? Is there any body in particular that you are praying would know Jesus for the first time or would know Him more? (take time to pray together)